Human Resources - Generalist
Position: Human Resources - Generalist
Compensation: Salaried position (overtime exempt)
Location: Howell, MI, USA
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Director of Operations, the HR generalist will focus on building and implementing innovative HR programs and initiatives that focus on employee success and align with business objectives. This position will support all parts of the HR process from recruiting, through onboarding, to payroll processing and benefits administration.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain the full-cycle recruiting process, including screening resumes, coordinating interviews, closing offers, drafting new hire paperwork, and facilitating the on-boarding process.
- Creatively develop paths to source candidates and attract key talent for the organization, including relationships with key universities, student groups, and developer communities, as well as other creative channels like social networking, internet research, cold calling, recruiting events, etc.
- Develop and deliver a world class new employee onboarding program.
- Support, maintain, and develop an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, key-employee retention and development, and high performance.
- Develop and maintain employee success programs, including training and professional development, performance management and compensation programs, talent management and retention, and employee surveys.
- Coach and counsel managers on employee relations issues, performance management and employee development.
- Provide HR-related training and communication throughout the organization.
- Maintain and enhance the organization's human resources function by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Proactively maintain and improve utilization of HR systems; analyze HR data and report HR metrics as required.
- Be part of designing and developing HR programs with an organization focused on helping employees be successful.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Education or Experience - Minimum of a bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from a four-year College or university and minimum of five years related experience in a human resources role; or equivalent combination of education and experience. SHRM certification required.
- Language Skills - Ability to read and interpret documents such as federal, state, and local regulations that affect employers and employees. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Strong written and verbal communication skills with experience in telephone screening, networking, and public speaking. Excellent conflict resolution and communication skills.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills - To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office. The individual should be able to interpret and make tools in Microsoft Excel.
- Certificates, licenses and regulations – Experience with a board range of HR areas; including leaves of absence, legal compliance (COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, ADA).
- Other Qualifications – Demonstrated experience executing a full-cycle recruiting process. Proven ability to consistently and positively contribute in a fast-paced changing work environment while prioritizing multiple functions and managing time efficiently. Ability to travel to support satellite offices and salespeople.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; keeps emotions under control.
- Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make timely decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process. Follows organization policies and procedures.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves goals and generates suggestions for improving work.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources. Sets goals and objectives. Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events. Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time. Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction. Commits to additional hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily. Seeks increased responsibilities; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner. Strives to increase productivity.
To apply, submit your cover letter outlining the skills and experience that relate to this position along with your resume to https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/List/5065/Koppert-Biological-Systems-Inc. Additional opportunities and information can be found at www.koppertus.com/about-koppert/working-at-koppert/
Koppert Biological Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.