A healthy plant starts with a healthy root system
Trianum is a biological fungicide product that protects crops from soil-borne diseases such as Fusarium, Pythium, Rhizoctonia, Cylindrocladium and Thielaviopsis. Unlike many conventional root fungicides which have growth retarding effects, Trianum allows crops to grow healthily, resulting in increased uniformity and reduced wastage from sub-standard plants.
The unique mode of action means there is no chance of pathogens developing resistance to Trianum. It has been used in many countries for many years, and continues to give excellent results. Growers have reported consistent performance to the same high standard.
How Trianum works
Trianum contains the hybrid T-22 strain of the beneficial fungus Trichoderma harzianum. Following application, the fungus grows very rapidly along the roots, protecting the plant through four mechanisms.
- Competition for space
- Trianum rapidly forms a physical barrier along the surface of the roots, giving soil pathogens no room to establish.
- Competition for nutrients
- Trianum and soil-borne plant pathogens both feed on the nutrients contained within the products exuded by plant roots during normal growth. Trianum uses these nutrients far more effectively than the pathogens, thus out-competing them at the root zone.
- Trianum grows around pathogens and produces enzymes which break down their cell walls, deactivating them in the process.
- Strengthening the plant.
- Trianum promotes a healthier root system with more root hairs, thus improving the uptake of water and nutrients. The result is a stronger and more uniform crop, particularly where plants are grown under sub-optimal conditions, or where fungicides are normally needed to control root disease.
Long lasting protection
Trianum works preventatively and needs to be applied to the crop as early as possible, preferably during propagation. With two formulations to choose from, applying the product could not be easier. Trianum-P is a water dispersible granule (WDG) formulation for spray application and for use in overhead and drip irrigation systems. There is also a granular formulation (Trianum-G) to incorporate into your mix, making it the most ergonomic method for preventing root disease. Over time, the substrate will become populated by a wide variety of micro-organisms, all challenging Trianum for space on the roots. For this reason, a half-dose ‘booster shot’ should be applied every three months to maintain full protection.
Safe for the crop
Trianum is hard on root diseases, but gentle on your plants. The hybrid strain of Trichoderma harzianum forms a physical barrier on the outside of the roots, without penetrating the plant tissue.
A versatile product
Trianum is suitable for use in many field and glasshouse crops, such as vegetable and salad crops, herbs, soft fruit, pot plants, cut flowers, bulbs, trees and shrubs. It can also be used in amenity turf.
Proven by research
Since its development at Cornell University, Trianum has been tested extensively throughout the globe in both scientific and commercial situations. This research has shown that Trianum offers the best protection against Pythium, Fusarium, Rhizoctonia, Cylindrocladium and Thielaviopsis, with the improved plant strength also helping crops resist other soil-borne diseases. Extensive research has shown that early application of Trianum gives other soil fungi no opportunity to establish on the roots.
Get in touch with the expert
Thanks for your request!
Something went wrong, please try again
Want to know more about our company and products? Get in touch with one of our experts.
Please allow 24-48 hours for our experts to respond to your inquiry.
We produce our products and solutions for professional growers in horticulture.