When to use Spical-Plus?
Use Spical-Plus for biological control of:
- two-spotted spider mite (Tetranychus urticae)
- fruit spider mite (Panonychusulmi )
- citrus red mite (Panonynchuscitri)
- begonia mite (Tarsonemuspallidus)
- broad mite (Polyphagotarsonemuslatus)
Introduce Spical-Plus when the pest is to be expected or first signs of pest presence is visible. Use Spidex for hotspot treatments.
How does Spical-Plus work?
Adult predatory mites, nymphs and larvae actively search and consume their prey.
How to use Spical-Plus
- Hang sachets in the crop
- Sachets already have an exit hole
- Hold sachets by the cardboard strip at the top, to avoid damaging the predatory mites
- Neoseiuluscalifornicus tolerates a range of chemical pesticides
- Always use Spical-Plus in conjunction with Spidex
Best working conditions Spical-Plus
Neoseiuluscalifornicus tolerates high temperatures and low humidities. It targets all stages, but prefers younger stages. Predatory mites also survive on other mites and pollen and can survive for a number of weeks without food.
Biological beneficials have a very short life expectancy and therefore need to be introduced into the crop as soon as possible after receipt. Failure to do so can have a negative impact on their quality. In case you do need to store Spical-Plus, please follow the instructions below. Koppert B.V. is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer and/or under different conditions than recommended.