When to use Deltatrap?
To monitor butterflies/moths or male alate mealy bugs inside or outside the greenhouse.
How does Deltatrap work?
Deltatrap is a pheromone trap to be used in combination with Pherodis pheromone dispensers. The pheromone dispenser releases a species-specific sex pheromone to lure the adult males of the pest that is being targeted, into the trap. Once in the trap, they stick to the adhesive plate and are easy to detect, count and identify.
How to use Deltatrap
How to assemble the trap:
- Fold the delta trap into a triangle.
- Lay a sticky trap on the bottom of the trap, with the adhesive surface facing upwards.
- Fold both edges at the base of the triangle inwards.
- Hang the trap in the appropriate place.
How to install the trap:
- Prepare the desired number of pheromone traps as described under 'Assembly'.
- Hang the traps about 10 cm/4 in. above the crop in a location where they can easily be inspected (e.g. along the center aisle).
- Distribute the traps as evenly as possible over the area, in order to avoid interference.
The information given below is merely indicative. Tailored advice requires detailed information on local factors, such as the crop itself, climate conditions and the level of infestation. To ensure a correct approach, please consult a Koppert specialist or a recognized distributor of Koppert products.
- Use two or four traps per hectare for every expected type of butterfly/moth
- Use one trap per 500 - 1000 m² for mealy bug
Best working conditions Deltatrap
The cardboard box with delta traps does not require any specific conditions
The cardboard box with delta traps does not require specific storage conditions. Do note the trap’s serial number and the pheromone it contains on an outer surface of the triangle. Wash your hands before assembling traps for a different species of butterfly or moth.