When to use Trianum-P?
Trianum-P increases the resistance of plants against stresses that may be caused by diseases, sub-optimal feeding, watering regimes and climatic conditions. Further, Trianum-P helps to increase a plant's nutrients uptake. This uptake in nutrients can help a plant in growth, development of roots and above-ground parts.
Trianum-P is used in the cultivation of vegetables, soft fruit, herbs, bulbs, ornamentals, perennials, turf and arboriculture (both protected and open field). The product can also be applied to agricultural crops like corn and cereals. Check the product label for which crops Trianum–P is registered to use in your country.
How does Trianum-P work?
Trianum-P contains spores of the beneficial fungus Trichoderma harzianum strain T-22. When Trianum is applied correctly, the plant develops mycelia, which grows along the roots and protects the roots of the crop against diseases such as:
Trianum works on the basis of the following mechanisms:
1. Competition for space
Trianum grows faster on the surface of the root than other soil-born fungi. Other fungi have no chance to establish themselves on the roots.
2. Competition for nutrients
Trianum takes away the source of nutrients that the pathogens need to feed on. They therefore have no chance to develop.
3. Parasitism of pathogens
Trianum grows around the mycelia of the pathogen. The cell walls break down and the pathogen dies.
4. Strengthening of the plant
Trianum improves the root system through the formation of more root hairs, so that water and nutrients can be absorbed better. This leads to better yields of a stronger and more uniform crop. The difference is particularly notable when the plant is under stress and/or cultivated under less than optimum growing conditions.
5. Induced resistance
Trianum also reinforces the defense mechanism of the parts of the plant above ground (when fighting botrytis for instance), the so-called induced systemic resistance (ISR).
6. Facilitating the absorption of fixed and non-fixed nutrients
Nutritional elements such as certain trace elements and phosphates are sometimes fixed in the soil, and therefore cannot be absorbed by the plant. This particularly happens in soil with a higher level of acidity (i.e. with a lower pH). Phosphates often form compounds with calcium, iron or other trace elements, and as a result they are no longer soluble.
Trianum has the capacity to make certain “fixed” nutrients available for the plant to absorb. Certain elements, such as manganese, are essential for the plant to fight diseases. Manganese is important for the natural defenses of the plant against diseases.
Trianum produces certain substances which, amongst other things, change iron from Fe3+ into Fe2+, making it possible for the plant to absorb it.
How to use Trianum-P
Trianum-P can be applied via drench application, drip-irrigation systems or by spraying while sowing to the cultivation medium. Apply Trianum-P as early as possible to the crop for optimal effect.
Preparation of solution:
- Add 1 volume of Trianum-P to 5 volumes of water in a bucket
- Mix thoroughly
- Add suspension to the required amount of water to obtain the final drench solution
- Agitate continuously to maintain an even distribution of spores (spores do not dissolve in water and have the property to precipitate)
- Apply the drench on the day of preparing the solution
Application via drench or spray:
- Trianum-P can be applied without special drenching equipment. After application clean the equipment by flushing thoroughly with water.
- Use sufficient solution to guarantee good penetration of the culture medium or the soil, but avoid run-off and excess drainage
Application via drip irrigation:
- Spores in Trianum-P should reach the roots quickly (over time, spore quality decreases in water).Do not use Trianum-P before sand filter and make sure that drip irrigation filters are clean (spores can attach themselves to organic material in filters).
To increase spore attachment to the roots, avoid run-off and excess drainage the first two days after application of the product. Trianum-P is not a systemic product and is therefore not taken up by the plant.
Do not use disinfectants in drip irrigation systems from at least one day before until two days after the application of Trianum-P.
Best working conditions Trianum-P
Use Trianum-G as a preventive method. To achieve optimal results, start using Trianum-G at the beginning of the crop cycle, preferable during sowing, cutting or planting. Trianum-G performs well under different environmental conditions. It grows in various climates (10-34°C/50-93.2°F), at a pH between 4-8, in many types of cultivation media and on the roots of many different types of crops.
Koppert B.V. is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions.
- Shelf life: see package for expiry date
- Storage temperature: between 4-8 ºC
- Keep away from direct sunlight.