More and more growers are opting for a natural approach to pests and diseases, and we're not surprised they are. After all, Integrated Pest Management (IPM) offers many advantages over chemical plant protection for you as a grower, for your employees, and for the sales chain. There’s a whole array of benefits!
Benefits for you as a grower:
- IPM is a widespread method that has proved itself time and again. It has proved to be an effective way of tackling pests and diseases in an environmentally friendly way.
- There is no risk of resistance development.
- The risk of exceeding government and retail residue standards is low. This is beneficial to the relationship with your retail customer, as you remain a valued supplier.
Benefits for employees:
- Every employee is able to apply natural enemies in the crop.
- After application, employees can go back to work in the crop straight away: there is no re-entry time, as with chemicals.
- The working environment is safer.
- Unlike chemicals, there is no danger of products penetrating the skin.
Benefits for the sales chain:
- The products used are harmless to water, air, and soil. The environmentally friendly cultivation method is an important promotional tool and sales argument.
- IPM contributes to a better image of foodstuffs and ornamental plants, in turn benefiting the overall image of the retail sector.