A well-pollinated crop without being dependent on the weather conditions!
With bumblebee pollination, you make sure your crop reaches the full potential for maximum pollination. Bumblebees are recognized as very efficient and reliable pollinators. Compared to honeybees, they continue to do their valuable work, even when weather conditions are poor.
3 top reasons to start using bumblebees
- Maximum assurance, due to their ability to buzz pollinate for efficient transfer large amounts of pollen.
- Bumblebees still forage at low temperatures and cloudy and windy conditions.
- Bumblebees provide an integrated approach to pollinating almonds, enhancing the work of honeybees in conjunction with bumblebees for healthy competition.
Our Quad hives
Our Quad is not just a bumblebee hive, but a reliable, innovative pollination system, assuring you maximum pollination when you need it most. The Quad features four bumblebee hives and is designed for outdoor pollination. Our hives are easy to use and require low maintenance.
Want to know more about our Quad hives and how to use them?
Let our experts guide you
Investing in a Quad Hive is not just a purchase—it's a partnership. Each Quad comes with expert consultancy guidance at no additional cost. Our dedicated team is committed to ensuring you get the maximum benefits of your Quad. Call now to discuss how to achieve your highest pollination potential by utilizing a diverse and comprehensive pollinator strategy. Your path to optimal pollination starts here, and we're with you every step of the way.
Bumblebees vs honeybees
- Bumblebees forage at temperatures as low as 40°F, while honeybees forage when temperatures are 55°F and higher.
- Bumblebees do not adjust foraging times to avoid wind, while honeybees foraging is stopped when wind speeds reach 15 mph.
- Bumblebees have a simple foraging communication system and will work an extended area until it is fully pollinated, while honeybees use a sophisticated dance language to direct workers to new food sources.
- Bumblebees use "buzz pollination" or sonication to release pollen from flower anthers, while honeybees do not sonicate to collect pollen.
- Bumblebees can deposit larger quantities of pollen to the stigma than honeybees, requiring fewer visits for pollination.
- Due to at their more erratic flight pattern, bumblebees are better at cross-pollinating, improving fruit set.
- Bumblebees will forage in lower light conditions than honeybees, adding to their work hours and the ability to forage in covered crops.
- If you currently use honeybees in your crop, consider introducing bumblebees into the mix. These two pollinators, when combined, stimulate a healthy competition that enhances their collective pollination efforts. This mutual rivalry not only boosts pollination results but also culminates in improved crop yields and tangible pollination cost savings. Diversifying your pollinator approach is an astute strategy for a richer and more cost-effective harvest.
Rearing the Best: The Process Behind Our Hives
The natural life cycle of the bumblebee is replicated under laboratory conditions at our production facility in Howell, Michigan. By providing ideal conditions for development, we can ensure replicable high-quality bumblebee colonies.
At our facility in Michigan, our quality department uses state-of-the-art equipment to ensure that all our bumblebees are disease-free and safe for the natural outside environment. Additionally, we work and partner with the USDA, the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, and Michigan State University Agricultural Department to certify that all of our tests and facilities meet the highest quality standards.
For over 35 years, Koppert has been at the forefront of bumblebee hive production, delivering a staggering 2 million hives per year to clients around the globe. This extensive output positions us as the largest producer of pollinators in the world. Our well-established operations and supply chain are fine-tuned to meet the highest standards of quality and reliability, reinforcing our reputation as the world's most dependable hive supplier. With decades of experience in the industry, our expertise is not merely a selling point—it's a guarantee. When you choose Koppert, you're partnering with the leader in sustainable pollination solutions backed by an unyielding commitment to excellence and reliability.